Lincoln and District Citizens Advice Bureau Ltd
Please make a donation - YOU might need us one day!
Most people think they will never need their Citizens Advice Bureau.
But what if:
- You have to rely on benefits for income
- You get bad service from a retailer or tradesman
- You have a dispute with your neighbours
- You have problems at work
- You separate or divorce
- Your elderly parents need care
- You yourself become ill
- You get into debt.
People often think that we are funded by Central Government.
We are highly dependent on donations.
There are many ways to help
Donate on-line via debit or credit card using this button.
Cash donations can be made in the city centre Bureau reception area. We have donation boxes in the interview rooms as well as the reception area.
Cheques may be drawn in favour of ‘Lincoln & District Citizens Advice Bureau’ and handed to the receptionist, or sent to our main office.
Payroll Giving Scheme
This is a simple way for you to give regularly to charity from your pay and get tax relief on your gift. There are no limits as to how much you can give; it is entirely up to you. Contact us for details.
How your money could be used
- £10 will pay daily expenses of one volunteers, who will in turn deliver 7 hours of advice to a client.
- £15 will pay for an hour of generalist advice.
- £30 will pay for an outreach worker to visit an elderly client at home.
- £45 will pay for one hour of specialist advice.
- £90 will fund the direct costs for solving a housing problem.
- £170 will enable us to advise throughout an average employment dispute.
- £190 helps us to support a family in debt to avoid having their home repossessed.
- £500 pays for a new leaflet to be distributed to recruit new volunteers
- £550 pays for a laptop and printer for a volunteer to use for advice work.
- £1,500 pays for the training of one new CAB volunteer adviser.
Practical donations will also help.
We always appreciate
- Fruit cordial
- Dishwasher tablets
- A4 paper
- Paper clips
If you are feeling particularly generous:
- Printer cartridges
- Hewlett Packard Laserjet 4345 £190
- Brother HL4280CDW - Black £70 , Cyan/Magenta/Yellow £115 each colour
Making shopping worthwhile
This is a search engine which pays the bureau each time it is used, and another useful way you can help us. Go to EVERYCLICK
To view a list of our current funders click here.
Please do not feel under pressure to make a donation. It doesn’t matter how much or how little you give to Lincoln and District Citizens Advice Bureau, but we really appreciate it if you give something. THANK YOU is not a big enough word for all your help in keeping our services running.